The following are our rules and expectations for all volunteers and interns to ensure safety for all parties involved. Please read carefully and sign below.
● As part of your responsibilities at the FSC, you may learn of or be entrusted with sensitive information of a confidential nature. You are not to share information, including but not limited to, client identification and case plans, emergencies andincidents, staffing changes, development activities, tax records, or personnel history. All agency information shall be considered and kept as the private and privileged records of the FSC, both during your tenure as a volunteer/intern and beyond.
● Should you see a client out in the community, you are able to say hello to them if you would like. You may not identify them to anyone, and it is suggested to allow the client to greet you first.
● Volunteers must dress appropriately for the conditions and performance of their duties. This includes footwear. Anyone volunteering at the kitchen MUST wear slip resistant shoes. Please speak to the Development Associate if you have questions regarding what might not be considered appropriate.
Attendance and Time
● Volunteers should notify the Development Associate 24 hours in advance if they are unable to be present on their scheduled day, or as soon as possible.
Youth Volunteer and/or Service Learning
● Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Service-Learning students must be accompanied by a Program Mentor/Supervisor.
Harassment in the Workplace
● FSC is committed to providing volunteers with an environment that is free from discrimination and unlawful harassment. Actions, words, jokes, or comments based on an individual’s sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, or any other legally protected characteristic will not be tolerated. The FSC encourages volunteers to bring any incidents of harassment to the immediate attention of a site supervisor, Human Resources, or the Development Associate. Harassment will be regarded as grounds for immediate termination of volunteer/intern opportunities.
● Volunteers/Interns are expected to follow rules of conduct that will protect the interest and safety of all volunteers and staff of FSC. The following are only some examples of inappropriate conduct which could lead to dismissal:
○ Theft or inappropriate removal/possession of FSC property.
○ Volunteering/interning under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
○ Illegal or unauthorized possession, distribution, sale, transfer, or use of alcohol or illegal drugs in the volunteer environment. ○ Creating a disturbance on FSC premises, at sponsored activities or in areas that could jeopardize the safety of others.
○ Lack of cooperation, following the directives of staff, or other disrespectful conduct.
○ Use of cellphone or other electronics while working.
○ Smoking/vaping inside or on FSC premises.
Electronic Communications and Social Media
● The electronic communication systems should be used for the FSC business only.
● Anyone who is assigned a computer is responsible for all use of that computer assigned to them.
● Do not allow anyone to use a computer assigned to you without permission. Do not use a computer assigned to another employee, intern or volunteer without permission.
● Be aware that the FSC may observe content and information made available by interns and volunteers through social media. All interns and volunteers should use their best judgment in posting material that is neither inappropriate nor harmful to the FSC, its employees, interns, volunteers, donors, residents, or clients.
● Interns are not to publish, post, or release any information that is considered confidential or not public. If there are questions about what is considered confidential, interns/volunteers should check with the Human Resources Department and/or Executive Director.
Safety and Liability
● The FSC aims to provide a safe environment for all volunteers. If a volunteer is injured during the volunteer service, it is important that the volunteer notify their site supervisor immediately to complete an incident report.
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, or disability.
Thank you for completing this application form and for your interest in volunteering with us!
I acknowledge by signing below that I have read, understand, and agree to the above rules of the Friendship Service Center, Inc., and that if I violate these rules, my volunteer/intern position may be terminated.